GC Ortho Connect
Light-cured Orthodontic Adhesive
Launched in August 2013 in Japan under the name of Universal Bond, GC has decided through GC Orthodontics to launch GC Ortho Connect on the European Orthodontic market.
GC Ortho Connect is a new orthodontic light-cured adhesive for brackets and bondable buccal tubes.
No need to apply primer or adhesive on the tooth, as it is already incorporated into the paste.
A simple etching of the enamel followed by drying is enough to prepare the bracket or buccal tube for bonding.
1. Clean tooth surfaces with pumice and water. Rinse thoroughly with water and dry.
2. Etch the tooth surfaces with GC Ortho Etching Gel for 30 sec., rinse and dry. Porcelain-, metal-, composite-restored teeth should be treated with the appropriate conditioner.
3. Coat the bonding surface of the bracket with GC Ortho Connect paste.
4. Remove the excess adhesive using an explorer or scaler.
5. Cure each bracket for 10 seconds mesially and distally with an LED curing light.
Bond Strength and Flexibility
- Excellent bond strength
Flexural strength: Fundamental to withstand and override mastication pressures. Excellent Bond strength with good adhesive clean up on debonding.
- Reduced bond failures
GC Ortho Connect has excellent shock absorbing properties. The low elasticity ensures that the material does not flex at the adhesive/base interface which would cause bond failure.
- 2 syringes of 2.9 g
- 4 dispensing tips
- 2 light protective covers
Safe bonding with:
- Metal brackets & bondable buccal tubes
- Ceramic brackets
- Plastic and Hybrid Brackets
This class IIa medical device is a regulated medical device that owns the EC marking in this regard.
Only for healthcare professionals. Respect the instruction for use and information the label before using.