Saliva Check Buffer kit is divided into 5 different steps, the first 3 steps involving unstimulated saliva while the last 2 steps involve the stimulated saliva.
As the functions and characteristics of these two forms of saliva are different, by evaluating both, the test results will become very useful diagnostic and powerful communication tools to the patients.
PRODUCTS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE BY THE GENERAL PUBLIC. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE.
Why choose Saliva-Check BUFFER?
- Checks the flow rate, viscosity and consistency of non-stimulated saliva. This will provide information about how the patient's lifestyle may be consequently affecting their oral health
- Checks the pH of the patient's resting saliva. This will determine whether acid levels may be dangerously high, hence possibly causing erosion or caries problems
- Checks the quantity of stimulated saliva a patient can produce. This enables you to identify any major salivary gland diseases
- Checks the buffering capacity (quality) of stimulated saliva. This will establish the effectiveness of the saliva in neutralizing acids in the mouth
- Testing can be carried out as part of a routine examination and the results explained to the patient as part of the discussion about prevention and treatment. Together, the dentist and patient will be able agree on a plan to bring the saliva back into balance
- When a patient presents new signs of accelerated tooth wear, abrasion, sensitivity, halitosis or any other major oral changes, the first question for the dentist should be to identify what has led to an oral imbalance